Last updated: June 1st, 2020
At Codezilla, we recognize that earning and retaining your trust is one of the most important things we do as a business. Protecting your privacy is a responsibility we take very seriously.
Who We Are
Codezilla (“we”, “our”, “us”) is a United States corporation, with offices located at 312 Clydesdale Trail, Medina MN 55446. Codezilla operates a service that helps young people learn to think creatively and develop their coding abilities.
Collection of your personal data
In the course of our business, we collect and process personal data in different ways. We may collect personal data you give us directly, but we also collect data by logging how you interact with our services, for example by using cookies on this website. We may also receive personal data from third parties.
The personal data we collect about you may include, but is not limited to: your name, email address, postal address, phone number, billing information, information about your child or children that you provide to us (e.g., name and birthdate), and other information you may provide about yourself to our site, such as your IP address and web browser software.
You can choose not to provide us with personal data, but in general, some personal data about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from us, and to enjoy benefits of being a registered member.
- Information that you provide us with: We receive and store any personal data you enter on our websites or give us in any other way, including your contributions. For example, in order to purchase products or services, it is necessary for you to disclose personal data, including your name, address (partial or whole), email address, phone number, credit card details and other personally identifying information. If you do not provide personal data when purchasing one of our supplier's products or services, we cannot confirm your purchase.
- Information about others: You may have the opportunity to provide contact information for other people through our websites. If you "Refer a Friend" or if you purchase products or services for someone else through Codezilla, you will need to submit that individual's personal data. You must obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal data.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain information from your computer when you visit [website address] or any of our affiliates' web pages that are hosted by us. For example, we collect your IP address, web browser software and referring website. To help us analyze the usage of our websites and related services, and to send more relevant communications to you, we also collect and keep track of your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited and searches and/or bookings facilitated or made.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- With your consent.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
With whom we share your personal data
We may store the contributions and submissions you make to Codezilla, including but not limited to your reviews, public profile and ratings (your "Content"), publicly display your Content on our websites and those of our affiliate partners and distributors, display it to other users, share it with our affiliate partners and distributors and use it for promotional purposes. Note that if you include personal data in your Content, it can be used and viewed by others. We are not responsible for the information you choose to include in your Content.
Codezilla may share your personal data with other parties, including other group companies and third parties, such as service providers who work on behalf of us. If we sell or divest our business or any part of it, and your personal data relates to such sold or divested part of our business, or if we merge with another business, we will share your personal data with the new owner of the business or our merger partner, respectively. If we are legally obliged to do so, we will share personal data to protect our customers, the site, as well as our company and our rights and property.
We may also share or disclose personal data if we believe, at our sole discretion, it is necessary:
- to comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- following a corporate transaction, such as divestiture, merger, acquisition, consolidation or asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy;
- with law enforcement agencies and other governmental bodies (if we are legally obliged to do so).
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular excursions or tours. This information does not contain any personal data and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
Cookies and other web technologies
We collect personal data via cookies and similar technologies. "Cookies" are pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer's hard disk, for record-keeping purposes.
You can check, supplement and update the information you have provided us with, or you can choose to close your account at any time, in each case by contacting us at [Email]. If you decide to close your account, we will deactivate it and delete your profile information and your reviews from view. We will send you an email to confirm your request. Remember that once your account is closed, you will no longer be able to login or access your personal information. You can, however, open a new account at any time.
How we protect your personal data
At Codezilla, we seek to maintain the integrity and security of your personal data. We have implemented and maintain appropriate physical, administrative, technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data you provide us with against unauthorized or unlawful access, use of disclosure and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction.
We seek to store your personal data in secure operating environments that are not accessible to the general public, and to have security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data by our employees or third parties.
However, no data transmission over the internet or data storage environment can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the personal data you provide us with will be secure at all times. Codezilla will rely on you to tell us if you experience any unusual events that may indicate a breach in your information security. We will then seek to investigate whether this was related to the data transmissions from or to Codezilla and let you know what steps can be taken and have been taken to help rectify the problem.
Children Under 13
Our website is designed to be used by users of all ages, including children under the age of 13 with the involvement of and pre-authorization by their school, teacher, parent or legal guardian. In order to use features that involve uploading custom media files or sending messages within the school, we obtain prior consent from the Student’s teacher, other authorized school representative, or, in some cases, the parent or legal guardian.
If Codezilla learns that it has inadvertently collected Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental or teacher consent, Codezilla will take appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a teacher, parent or legal guardian of a Student on [Website], you can ask us to deactivate the Student’s account, delete any hashed email address or inadvertently collected Personal Information, and request that we no longer allow the Student to submit their information to [Website]. To make such a request, please contact us at [Email]. Before processing your request, we may verify your identity and your relationship with the Student.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the address provided below in the "How you can contact us" section.
How you can contact us
If you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data by us, please contact our Privacy Officer at Codezilla.privacy ( at) gmail.com . You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority about the way we process your personal data. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority, so please contact us in the first instance.
Our full details are:
312 Clydesdale Trail
Medina, MN 55340
or submit your request through the contact us page or by emailing us at the above address